A Notary Public is a public officer appointed by the Supreme Court of Ireland to serve the public in matters usually concerned with foreign or international business. Acts carried out by a Notary Public are recognised around the world.
A Notary Public is empowered by law to carry out the following services:
- Administer Oaths
- Witness/ Attest Signatures on Deeds and official documents
- Authenticate Documents for use in Ireland or abroad (e.g. Marriage Certificates, Powers of Attorney, Qualifications, etc.)
- Take Affidavits (other than for use within the courts of Ireland)
- Take Affirmations and Declarations
- Receive and Make Protests under Mercantile Law (promissory notes and Bills of Exchange) and issue notarial certificates in respect of documents and persons
- Draw up Powers of Attorney and other legal documents customarily prepared by Notaries Public
- Assist in matters of Admiralty Law and Ships Protests
- Certification of documents for foreign adoptions
- Procure an Apostille Certificate* from the Department of Foreign Affairs verifying the authenticity of documents for use abroad
- Certifying the authenticity of official signatures and/or the official seal applied to a public document under the Legalisation* procedure.
We are connected Notaries Public in all counties office of Ireland. If you are in need of the assistance of a Notary Public, fill out our form below and we will se up the connection.
*For more information on the Apostille Certificate and process visit the website of the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ireland.
Connect with our Experts
If you are interested in this topic, send us your details and we will contact you.
Often the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
We connect on Social Media
Follow Us @abacuslegal for news, updates and more
To connect with our organisation or to enquire about membership, complete our form below
1 Wellington Quay, Dublin 2
+353 (0)1 5987000