Computers and IT Law
We have considerable expertise in the area of computers and IT law. We act, draft, review and advise in relation to the following matters:
- Data Privacy advices and liaising with the Data Protection Commissioners for directions in relation to marketing campaigns, data usage and processing of customer data.
- Advising and acting in copyright enforcement & the protection of intellectual property rights in software development
- Enforcement of trademarks and intellectual property rights
- Meta tags, deep linking, screen scraping and breach of trade marks rights.
- IT Acceptable Usage policies and Staff Monitoring in the workplace
- On-line sales pipelines, eCommerce contracts, t&c’s and privacy policies.
- End User Licence Agreement and commercial Software Licensing Agreements
A failure to comply with the relevant legislation may result in businesses being unable to enforce their on-line contracts for sale with individual customers and losing income. It may expose companies to remedies for employees under Unfair Dismissals and employment legislation, and/or a actions for prosecution by the Office of Data Protection Commissioner for Ireland for failure to comply with Data Privacy legislation.
Contact us today for a no obligation consultation on any of the above issues.