IT Law Topics
Computers and IT Law in Ireland
We are connected to experts in the area of computers and IT law in Ireland. Our Members act, draft, review and advise in relation to the following matters:
- Data Privacy advices
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Liaising with the Data Protection Commissioners for directions in relation to marketing campaigns, data usage and processing of customer data.
- Advising and acting in copyright enforcement & the protection of intellectual property rights in software development
- Enforcement of trademarks and intellectual property rights
- Meta tags, deep linking, screen scraping and breach of trade marks rights.
- IT Acceptable Usage policies and Staff Monitoring in the workplace
- On-line sales pipelines, eCommerce contracts, t&c’s and privacy policies.
- End User Licence Agreement and commercial Software Licensing Agreements
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Contracts
A failure to comply with the relevant legislation has many consequences. For example, non complince with the Regulations governing sales over the internet may result in businesses being unable to enforce their on-line contracts for sale with individual customers and losing income. It may expose companies to remedies for employees under Unfair Dismissals and employment legislation, and/or a actions for prosecution by the Office of Data Protection Commissioner for Ireland for failure to comply with Data Privacy legislation.
Following the implementation of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), businesses in Ireland and the EU face the challenges of compliance with the sweeping effects of the regulation and the considerable costs that could arise for non compliance. Not only do businesses face fines for non compliance, non-disclosure of data breaches and failure to comply with Subject Access Requests, but lately the Courts are recognising a right of action for private parties and Data Subjects against firms and businesses for compensation arising from their non compliance. This new aspect of regulation is perhaps the most significant in its impact and potential for loss to business since the enactment of Data Protection legislation in 1999.
Contact us today for a no obligation consultation on any matter of computers and IT law in Ireland. Our experienced and results driven professionals are happy to assist. Our network includes connections to the leading Irish Counsel in the area.
Connect with our Experts
If you are interested in this topic, send us your details and we will contact you.
Often the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
We connect on Social Media
Follow us @abacuslegal for news, insights and more
To contact our organisation or to enquire about membership, complete our form below
1 Wellington Quay, Dublin 2
+353 (0)1 5987000